- This event has passed.
Updated Southern Classics Cooking Class- Chef Bernard Bennett
December 2, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$75
Updated Southern Classics Cooking Demonstration Class- Chef Bernard Bennett
Call (843) 815-2780 for tickets.
• Biscuit’s with Chicken Liver Mousse, Quick Pickled Apples
• Roasted Pumpkin Salad – Pumpkin, Fennel, Dried Cranberries, Toasted Almonds, with Lemon Vinaigrette
• Crab and Grits – Lump Crab, Sausage, Onion, Garlic, Sweet Bell Pepper, Tomato, Dijon Cream, Local Grits, Mustard Greens
• Dessert – Malva Pudding – Seasonal Compote, Warm Bourbon Vanilla Cream
• Charleston Tea Garden Iced Tea
Wine & Beer by the glass available for purchase
Demonstrations will include:
• Pickling Apples, Biscuits, Chicken Liver Mousse
• Roasted Pumpkin & Lemon Vinaigrette
• Grits Cooking “How to”
• Malva Pudding & Cream & Sauce
After more than a decade in Chicago, culminating in his appointment as Chef de Cuisine at Big Jones, an acclaimed eatery that brought heirloom Southern cooking and hospitality to the Windy City, Chef Bernard Bennett turned his culinary energies South. Next spring he will open Okàn in Old Town Bluffton, a concept that combines West African, Caribbean & Lowcountry cuisines. Be among the first foodies in the Lowcountry to get to know one of Bluffton’s newest culinary talents.